Manuka honey is a magic, medicinal honey that is different from traditional honey because of its anti-bacterial properties.
It also has anti-viral, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits. Many people use it to help heal wounds, improve digestion, soothe sore throats, and protect teeth from decay! Native to New Zealand, Manuka honey is produced by bees who pollinate the flower Leptospermum scoparium, commonly known as the Manuka bush. Here are just seven of its proven by science benefits:
- Treats wounds, sores and boils: Manuka honey's antibacterial and antioxidant properties help speed the regeneration of tissue while decreasing pain and keeping a moist wound environment and protective barrier, which prevents microbial infections.
- Protects teeth from decay: Studies have shown Manuka honey attacks harmful oral bacteria associated with plaque formation, gum inflammation and tooth decay.
- Soothes sore throats: Manuka honey reduces inflammation, thus reducing pain, while attacking harmful bacteria and smoothly coating the inner lining of the throat for a soothing effect.
- Prevents ulcers: Ulcers are sores that form on the lining of the stomach, causing stomach pain, nausea and bloating, and studies have shown that Manuka honey helps prevent ulcers caused by some bacterias.
- Improves digestion: Researchers have discovered that regularly consuming Manuka honey may help decrease of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), which include constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain and irregular bowel movements.
- Fights respiratory infections: Manuka honey fights bacteria that causes serious upper respiratory infections; this especially helps for those afflicted by diseases such as Cystic Fibrosis where respiratory infections are common occurrences.
- Treats skin problems: The antimicrobial activity of Manuka honey, when used in combination with a low-pH product, helps keep your skin free of bacteria, which can expedite the acne healing process.
These are just some of the benefits of this magical medicinal honey! You easily can buy Manuka honey online and have it shipped straight to your house; we highly recommend trying it out!